Sunday, September 26, 2010

Roller Coaster

Well, we are in the full swing of the domestic adoption roller coaster. Each time, I think I'll handle it better, and each time I fail to. I find myself calling out to God dozens of times every day. I am constantly asking to to take my anxiety and worries about being "chosen." Here's how domestic adoption works: for lack of a better term, we basically have to "market" ourselves to wonderful women who find themselves in a situation that they do not have the resources or reserves to handle themselves. We have a 19 page profile, and we "submit" ourselves to "situations." Then we wait to hear. - Yes. or No.

When we were waiting for Miss O and Miss I, we were working with one agency who showed our profile to potential birth parents for the most part, without telling us first. This time, we are working with an adoption facilitator, who works with 9 different agencies, and most of those agencies ask us before they present us to potential birth parents. That has been increasing the anxiety for me, as I feel like I'm constantly waiting to hear. So, the Lord is drawing me closer to Him once again. Thank you Lord, for this opportunity to grow in my faith and relationship with you.

No comments: