Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun day!

Miss O's PCA is from Kenya, and her husband has been her visiting for 3 months. He is going back home to Kenya soon, so they had a party for him at their home today, and we were invited. I'm so happy we went - we all had so much fun! The girls had lots of fun playing with the other kids, and Mike and I really loved the conversations with all of the adults. There was even a gentleman there from Ethiopia, who was full of information and questions for us. He also gave me the name of a shop where I can go to get real Ethiopian coffee and spices! :) I also got some good tips from the men there on what to with with Ato T's hair. - Turns out I should be combing it! I just figured that it's so short I didn't need to, but I was wrong. They told me that if I continued to leave it without combing it, it would eventually turn into natural dread locks. Ato T enjoyed being around some African influences as well, but kept looking for mommy and daddy, which made us really happy. When I put his coat on to leave, he looked at me with relief, as if he was saying, "Oh good, I AM going home with you." Then when we got home, he was babbling like crazy, and extremely happy! It's nice to see that this is starting to feel like home for him. :)

No comments: