Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update

Well, we are beginning to settle in as a family. I've found with our first 2 kids that it takes us about 2 years to really get into a good groove - 2 weeks down and 102 to go! :)

Ato T seems to be settling in well. It's hard to tell what he's thinking, since he doesn't really communicate and wasn't spoken to in English before we showed up. When I get him up in the morning or from nap, he still looks at me like he's thinking, "Oh, I'm still here? Um, okay."

Miss I and Miss O simply love having a little brother. After some minor attitude asjustments towards mommy and daddy, they are begining to settle into our new family life quite well. Daddy is working like a maniac trying to catch up on all the work he missed while we were gone, so he's exhausted. Mommy is exhausted too - but that was to be expected. We have certainly been blessed by friends and family surrounding us during this transition.

Ato T has had LOTS of doctor appointments. The Neuro surgery appointment isn't until the 27th though, which is the one we are most anxious to get to. General docs we have seen are tending to think that his cyst may not not need a shunt. It seems that part of his brain is quite possibly missing, and the cyst formed to fill in the area that never formed. We'll know more after the MRI and visit with neurosurgery.

I hope to post some pictures soon. I haven't had a lot of free time to sort through them all, but I am excited to share our Ethiopian experience with you all, as well as recent pictures of all the kiddos!

No comments: