Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crappy day - literally

The morning started off quite well. Miss O went to her handwriting class with her PCA, Ato T hung out doing his therapies at our house, and Miss I and I went to the park and for a bike ride. What a fantastic morning!

The afternoon started off well, too. Took all 3 kids to therapy and the first hour went off without a hitch. Miss I and myself even had time during that hour to get to Menard's and buy the hose that was on sale.

Approximately 15 minutes into the second hour is when the day fell apart. Ato T's speech therapist called me back because he was puking all over himself - literally. So, I packed up the kids and we went home. As we walk in the door, I wonder what the putrid smell is. Does the garbage need to be changed that badly? Am I really THAT bad of a housekeeper that my house smells like that? NOPE. It's diarrhea from the dog; all over the kennel, the floor, and the dog. Yum! I quickly send the girls to watch some TV and put Ato T in his favorite rocking chair, so no children are walking or crawling through the goo. I take the dog outside, then the kennel, and finally clean up all the poo on the floor, open up all the windows, and spray and endless amount of room freshener around the house.

By now the TV show is done, so we all head outside to bathe the dog. I gave her a really good dousing before I was willing to touch her with shampoo. Finally got her bathed and rinsed, and to to clean the kennel - fun!

Whew! It's all over! Right? Wrong!

The rest of the evening was spent changing 2 poopy panties of Miss O's (we're potty training). They were pretty soft, and definitely gross! (You're welcome for the description.)

During the girls' bath, I decided to try and vacuum. When I finished I came back into the bathroom to find that they had doused my newly cleaned bathroom with soapy water! Out of the tub they came, into the arms of a cranky mama trying to keep her cool.

As they are shivering and "drying themselves off" with their towels, I proceed to change Ato T's diaper and get him into his jammies. As I'm changing his diaper, Miss I distracts me by picking on her sister, and as I turn my head to intervene, the boy pees ALL OVER me! It of course startled me, and I instinctively yelled his name. (Bad parenting, I know.)

I clean him and the couch up, get his jammies on, get the girls' jammies on, change my shorts and wash myself off, and put Ato T to bed. (Who happens to be screaming the entire time because mommy yelled at him.)

I go to put the girls to bed and tell them mommy is tired, and we're doing prayers together tonight, instead of separately. That does NOT go over well with Miss O, who proceeds to scream through all of Miss I saying prayers, and is then sent to her room.

I finally got them all calm and in bed. Did I mention Mike was at a Twins game tonight? I got a movie to watch earlier in the day, so I went to relax and watch it. It was quite probably the worst movie in the history of movies.

I'm going to bed. I thank God that He gives us a new day every 24 hours. Here's to a better tomorrow!

No comments: