Wednesday, February 10, 2010

God's Healing

A blog I follow recently posted about healing that God has brought to her life. It is an amazing story, and I encourage you to check it out at www.imghaaadopt.blogspot.com. It made me think about the amazing healing God has done in our lives, and I thought I would share that with you.

When Miss O was born, we knew something was "off." When she was about 3 months old, I brought her to a doctor in my hometown, who I knew would listen to my concerns. (Since docs near us kept making me think I was crazy.) He immediately admitted her to the hospital for tests. We ended up spending a week there, getting tubes in her ears, heart echos done, chromosome analysis done, and acid levels monitored. They were finally able to diagnose that her acid levels in her stomach were extremely high, and we got her put on meds to help. After the tubes were put in, she smiled and cooed for the first time in her life.

Unfortunately, the echo cardiogram showed some significant problems that were not so easily addressed. We were released from the hospital and told to see a cardiologist in our area in 3 months. So that's exactly what we did. Fortunately, we didn't do any research into her heart condition they told us she had until about a week before her next cardiology visit. I say fortunately, because what we did find out is that the heart condition we told us she had would cause her little life to end within a year. That week waiting to go back to the cardiologist was the worst week of my life.

After her next echo cardiogram and cardiology appointment, her new cardiologist informed us that the first doctors has misdiagnosed her. She actually had a condition called Left Ventricular Non-Compaction. this comes with it's own issues, but does not always mean certain death. Praise God!

Why do I post this in a healing post? Because what I have not yet mentioned is that during that week that we waited to to go back to the new cardiologist, I spent every spare moment I had crying out to God and praying for the healing of my precious girl. Do I believe the first doctors made a mistake in their diagnosis? No. I know that God chose to heal her heart. He did not choose to heal it completely right away, but I continue to pray for her an over her, and know that he promises to heal it completely. Will that be on this earth or in heaven? I don't know the answer to that question. But I do know that He will heal her at some point.

A pastor friend of mine posted a series of essays about healing on his blog. I encourage you to read them! www.philressler.com - then search the word Healing. I pray you are as encouraged by these as I was.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, and linking to it here.

I am planning to write a post about how we deal with the times that God does not answer our prayers for healing (or for other matters, as the case may be).

mama of 13

Heather said...

Thanks Laurel! I love reading your blog!