Thursday, February 25, 2010

When daddy's away ...

Mike is gone for a good portion of this week on a business trip. He'll also be gone next week for a good portion of the week. When he's gone, the kids and I are able to realize how much he really does for us, and how much he means to us. We also realize (especially me) how much we take him for granted.

Yesterday was his first day gone, and the girls woke up saying, "I miss my daddy!" I found this amusing, since even if he WAS in town, they typically would not see him until about 6:00 in the evening. However, they just knew that their daddy was not as accessible as he usually is, so they missed him.

Does your life feel like that when you are not able to spend time with God? Mine does. Even though I know he's always there for me when I actually take the time to be with him, it's easy to take his presence for granted. When I have strayed and not taken time to be with him, I miss my heavenly daddy, just like my kids miss their earthly daddy when he is away. The difference is, my kids can't control when their daddy is "absent" because of work. (Mike is never truly absent). Our heavenly daddy is never absent, we just make the choice to not turn to him.

Have you taken time with your Father today?

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Great post!

Glad my post was an encouragement to you this morning!


mama of 13