Friday, February 19, 2010

"Way too much" days

If you are reading this on Facebook, fear not, I am sticking to the giving up facebook thing, but my account automatically posts my blog into my notes.


Our days seem to be filled from top to bottom, constantly. They seem even more full for me lately, because Ato T's PCA left a few weeks ago for a full-time job. We hope to have her position filled soon. Our days are filled with school, cleaning, cooking, and therapy appointments. There are times that's okay, and times that it's just way too much for the kids. Yesterday was one of those "way too much" days.


After a morning of cleaning parts of the house and doing some school, we headed to an afternoon eye doctor appointment for Miss O and Ato T. We were there on time (for once)! Unfortunately, the Doctor was running WAY behind. Our appointments were at 3:45 and 4:15, but we were not seen until about 4:45. That makes for a long afternoon in the waiting room for 3 kids and mommy! However, they did really well, and we made it through the appointments and the 45 minute drive home in rush hour traffic.


That is not where our story ends, oh no. I arrived home at 6:05 with 3 very hungry and tired children! Thankfully I had made dinner before we left, and all I needed to do was set the table and warm up the soup. Mike arrived home about 5 minutes after us. He was able to deal with the screaming and whining while I got supper on the table. Supper went well, but the evening went downhill from there.
After supper was filled with screaming, whining, fighting, crying, etc. We got through the evening, and all children went to bed early.
After an evening like that, the girls woke up today to tell me they didn't want to go to Horizons (our home school group), because they were coughing too much. I couldn't argue that, so we have spent the morning at home reading, cleaning, cooking, playing games, and having some much needed down time. Praise the Lord for days when we are able to make these choices for our Children! I am so thankful today (and every day) that we have the privilege of home schooling our children, and we can give them what they need, when they need it.
Thank you Lord!

No comments: