Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good Day

Thank you all for your prayers! Birth mom and I had a wonderful afternoon together! We went out for lunch, and then she offered to take me grocery shopping so I could stock up on food for when the rest of the family got here. She drove my by the hospital so that I would be familiar with where to go, and she took me to the dollar store for items at the grocery store that she said we could find cheaper at the dollar store. What a wonderful woman she is! I feel like we're old friends catching up!

Just as she was about to leave the hotel, Mike, Lynn and the kids drove up! So she came in to meet everyone, and we all ended up going out to eat together. Ato T was having a tough night, so we're really hoping she doesn't think it's always as crazy as it was tonight. She just called to let us know she got home safely, and she's going to call us tomorrow when she's on her way to the hospital. Her plan right now is that I would be in the room with her for delivery, and Mike will step out. Of course, we know that her plan can always change.

On a side note, we went to this great restaurant tonight called Sal and Mookie's! They had the BEST homemade ranch dressing, they were incredibly hospitable to us, and were even willing to blend up food for Ato T. We highly recommend going there if you're ever in the Jackson, MS area!

We're all off to bed now. Hopefully the next time I post I'll be able to tell you about our new baby! Thank you all again for your prayers!

1 comment:

Lisa and Jesse Rhody said...

thanks for keeping us updated! praying :) lisa