Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update

Well, I arrived here in Mississippi yesterday afternoon. I was not able to meet up with the birth mom yesterday. We have planned to get together for lunch today. I spent all yesterday and last night alone and wondering. Adoption feels a lot like "hurry up and wait." This morning is more of the same waiting. I miss my family and can't wait for them to be here tonight! It sounds like the drive is going as well as can be expected. Mike was able to roll up towels and make some supports for Ato T during the drive, but he was still extremely tired when they finished driving last night.

So right now I'm waiting for birth mom to come and pick me up so that we can go to lunch. The plan was for her to be here at 1:00, but she called at about 12:40 to tell me church ran late, she was going home to change and would be her within an hour. It's 1:10 right not. I'm just praying everything goes smoothly, and praying that birth mom is feeling at peace and comfortable with her decision.

As I was anxious last night, the Lord gave me these verses. "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you. So may we boldly say 'the Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5-6)

What a wonderful message from my Heavenly Father! It brought peace to my heart, and I have continued to read and ponder these words.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We're praying here - for you, birthmom, baby, and the rest of the family on their drive.

Kristin