Thursday, April 14, 2011

MACHE

Once a year, Mike and I get to go off by ourselves to the MACHE (Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators) conference, thanks to his parents, who graciously take the kids for us.  This year it's this weekend, and in Duluth.  Right now, the kids are all napping, and I'm hoping Mike will be home soon.  We're hoping to meet up with some friends for dinner tonight, and then hit the conference tomorrow morning.

I look forward to this every rear, but am especially looking forward to it this year, for a number of reasons. 

#1:  I need a break.  Ato T has been extremely difficult to deal with lately, and I just really need a break from it all

#2:  Creation science.  A number of the sessions offered are about topics in creation science.  I'm excited to learn more, so that I am able to teach my children things I never learned about our Lord and His creation, that I never learned as a child.

#3:  I'm anxious to also go to some sessions about teaching a struggling learner.  it's nice to get get fresh ideas.

#4:  It motivates me!  I get pumped up to home school, at just the time of year that my energy for it starting to fade.

#5:  I get to look through curriculum before purchasing it!

#6:  I get to look for used curriculum to use, which makes home schooling the way we do it much more affordable.

#7:  I get to eat meals while they are still hot, and don't have to cut or blend up food for anyone.  :)

#8:  We get to sleep - all night long!  A rare occurrence at our home.

#9:  My kids get to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa - they are so excited!

#10:  My kids get to learn that when I leave, I will come back for them.

#11:  This is my favorite.  I get to spend time alone with my husband!  Lately it seems that we are always running in different directions, trying to get things done.  I really look forward to spending time alone with him.

I'm off to finish packing.  I can't wait to write about things learned this year at the conference!

No comments: